Clicker Training Dog Tricks Duration: 6 Week Course (same time and day each week)
Location: Unit 9/ 281 Station Road, Yeerongpilly 4105
Note: No dogs – For first class ONLY
This six week intermediate course is geared towards dogs who have graduated from one of our other courses or completed private 1-1 training. This class will create a dog that is motivated to work out what you want them to do. On completion of this 6 week intensive training your dog will master the art of problem solving and be eager for your commands. You will also be an expert in clicker training dog tricks! This class is all about having a good time, strengthening your bond, enhancing communication skills and teaching some practical ways to mentally stimulate your dog. Your dog doesn’t have to have any level of skill or knowledge to participate in this course and you will graduate knowing how to train your dog to do any trick or task.
- Professionally qualified and accredited instructors with a passion for enabling dogs to problem solve.
- Positive reinforcement/reward based dog training
- Smaller class sizes – No more than 5 dogs per class
- Individualised approach and attention
- Fun, sociable and informative
- 6 x 45 minute weekly sessions
- Families, including well-behaved children 10 years and over are welcome.
Over the 6 week training course you will learn how to teach clicker training dog tricks and skills such as:
- Roll over
- Fetch a beer
- Wipe their feet
- Clean up toys or fluff mess
- Ring a door bell
- Turn on a light
- Closing doors and much more!If your dog is nervous, fearful or experiencing anxiety it is not appropriate for them to be enrolled in a group environment. We can help you address the underlying emotion through our private behavioural consultation package. Our priority is your dog’s wellbeing. We believe that addressing your dog’s mental health is far more importance than tricks, manners or obedience. In fact, your dog cannot effectively learn if they do not have optimal mental health.
What To Bring
We are located in the Station Road Creative Precinct and the address is:
281 Station Road
We are located directly opposite the road from World Gym which is on the same street as Yeerongpilly Train Station.
Parking is available on-site or on the street.
Here’s what you need to know, and what to bring to each class: –
- Fully enclosed shoes
- A standard Collar and leash (ideally min 2-meters long)
- A large snap lock bag full of your dog’s favourite treats cut into very small pieces
- A mat for your dog
For dog treats, we recommend you use chicken, turkey, ham, devon or cheese cut into really small pieces. No “Smackos”, liver treats or dried biscuits.
Why? Well, rewarding your dog for doing something really awesome with “Smackos”, liver treats or dried biscuits would be like rewarding a child with broccoli for learning the alphabet. These snacks are boring! and not very motivating for your dog.
DO NOT BRING YOUR DOG TO THE FIRST CLASS!
You MUST provide a current vaccination certificate or titer test certificate.
If it’s easier for you, you can email me or text me a photo of the proof of vaccination before the first class.
At FUR GET ME NOT we only use positive reinforcement training techniques. We are not into harming our dogs, trying to dominate them or treating them badly.
DO NOT bring or use retractable leads, ropes or chains. We also do not allow or condone the use of check, choke, prong, electric, citronella or sporn harnesses and collars for your dogs. You will be asked to leave the course if you bring these.