Dog Obedience Training Brisbane Duration: 6 Week Course (same time and day each week)
Location: Unit 9/ 281 Station Road, Yeerongpilly 4105
Note: No dogs – For first class ONLY
Start off on the right paw by introducing your dog to ‘Basic Manners’ in our dog obedience training Brisbane. Our fun and engaging curriculum focuses on creating calm, well-mannered dogs through positive reinforcement and science based training. Our class sizes are kept small in order to facilitate a calmer learning environment and more hands on approach with individualised attention from our trainers. Designed for dogs over 6 months of age (including adult and older dogs).
- Professionally qualified and accredited instructors with a passion for enabling dogs to problem solve.
- Positive reinforcement/reward based dog training
- Smaller class sizes – No more than 5 dogs per class
- Individualised approach and attention
- Fun, sociable and informative
- 6 x 45 minute sessions weekly
- Families, including well-behaved children 10 years and over are welcome
Over the 6 week training course you will learn to teach your dog ‘Basic Manners’ such as:
- Focus under distraction
- Rocket recall
- Critical everyday commands such as “Leave It”, “Sit” “Stay”, “Come” and “Drop”
- The benefits of mat training
- Appropriate behaviour whilst walking
If your dog is nervous, fearful or experiencing anxiety it is not appropriate for them to be enrolled in a group environment. We can help you address the underlying emotion through our private behavioural consultation package. Our priority is your dog’s wellbeing. We believe that addressing your dog’s mental health is far more importance than tricks, manners or obedience. In fact, your dog cannot effectively learn if they do not have optimal mental health.
What To Bring
We are located in the Station Road Creative Precinct and the address is:
281 Station Road
You will find us directly opposite the road from World Gym which is on the same street as Yeerongpilly Train Station.
Parking is available on-site or on the street.
Here’s what you need to know, and what to bring to each class: –
- Fully enclosed shoes
- A standard Collar and leash (ideally min 2-meters long)
- A large snap lock bag full of your dog’s favourite treats cut into very small pieces
- A mat for your dog
For dog treats, we recommend you use chicken, turkey, ham, devon or cheese cut into really small pieces. No “Smackos”, liver treats or dried biscuits.
Why? Well, rewarding your dog for doing something really awesome with “Smackos”, liver treats or dried biscuits would be like rewarding a child with broccoli for learning the alphabet. These snacks are boring! And therefore not very motivating for your dog.
DO NOT BRING YOUR DOG TO THE FIRST CLASS!
You MUST provide a current vaccination certificate or titer test certificate.
If it’s easier for you, you can email or text me a photo of the proof of vaccination before the first class.
At FUR GET ME NOT we only use positive reinforcement training techniques. We are not into harming our dogs, trying to dominate them or treating them badly.
DO NOT bring or use retractable leads, ropes or chains. We also do not allow or condone the use of check, choke, prong, electric, citronella or sporn harnesses and collars for your dogs. You will be asked to leave the course if you bring these.
Here is some other important information you need to know: –
- If you are late, even by a few minutes, you will not be permitted to enter the class so, please arrive at least 10 minutes before your class is due to commence.
- Everyone attending our classes, including children and all family members – Must wear enclosed, non-slip shoes at all times.
- Children under the age of 10 years are not permitted in classes.
- All dogs MUST be on a leash at all times and controlled by an adult
Your dog must remain on leash with a well-fitted collar or harness at all times unless instructed otherwise by your trainer. Mosquitos and other bugs can sometimes be an issue, we will have repellent for personal use however you are welcome to bring your own.
No dogs are to greet or play with other dogs at any time unless directed by your trainer, please make sure you allow plenty of distance between you and the other participants.
If your dog is very excitable and or nervous, please remain in your car with your dog and text 0402 767 821 with your name and number plate and one of our friendly staff members will come and collect you and your dog when class is about to begin.
If your dog reaches 6 months of age and is not desexed there may be limitations during your dogs socialisations sessions. If your dog is “in season” or unwell they will not be permitted on the training grounds or take part in classes.
Please be kind to other participants and clean up after your dog whilst on the premises and in classes.
Classes may be delayed at times due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. You will receive a text message with as much notice as possible if a class needs to be cancelled or rescheduled.