Loose Leash Walking & Recall Duration: 6 Week Course (same time and day each week)
Location: Unit 9/ 281 Station Road, Yeerongpilly 4105
Calling all owners of pullers and runners! This six week intensive loose leash walking and recall course is geared towards dogs who easily lose focus or are over excited on a walk and excessively pull or don’t come when called.
Learn how to train your dog to come when called – this is such an important skill for all dog owners to teach their dogs. There’s nothing scarier than watching a dog take off while their owner helplessly runs after them, screaming at them to come back, especially if the owner is a younger child or elderly person. It’s terrifying, stressful, overwhelming and cause harm to the person walking them if they suddenly decide to bolt while on the leash.
This course is designed to teach your dog to ‘come’ when called each and every time and walk politely on a leash making the walk safe and enjoyable for both dog and owner. Our hands on curriculum concentrates on creating focused, calm, happy dogs while incorporating impulse control exercises. This 6 week course practical and fun using obstacle courses with distractions to teach your dog to focus on you in all scenarios, while progressively challenging your skills each week so that you become more confident when taking your dog on walks in an everyday environment.
Over this 6 week intensive training program you will learn:
- Loose leash walking
- Having and keeping your dogs attention and simple “leave it” commands.
- Come when called- from any distraction! Including how to set your dog up not to chase wildlife!
- It will also include tips on how to make the walk more enjoyable for both you and your dog.
- Professionally qualified and accredited instructors with a passion for enabling dogs to become confident and resilient
- Positive reinforcement/reward based dog training
- Smaller class sizes – No more than 5 dogs per class
- Individualised approach and attention
- Fun, sociable and informative
- 6 x 45 minute sessions weekly
- Families, including well-behaved children 10 years and over are welcome.
If your dog is nervous, fearful or experiencing anxiety it is not appropriate for them to be enrolled in a group environment. We can help you address the underlying emotion through our private behavioural consultation package. Our priority is your dog’s wellbeing. We believe that addressing your dog’s mental health is far more importance than tricks, manners or obedience. In fact, your dog cannot effectively learn if they do not have optimal mental health.