Puppy Preschool Duration: 6 Week Course (same time and day each week)
Location: Unit 9/ 281 Station Road, Yeerongpilly 4105
Note: No dogs – For first class ONLY
**When you enrol with one of our Puppy Training Courses you are also enrolled FREE in our puppy and adolescent playgroups**
Puppy Preschool is a 6 week course for puppies under 14 weeks of age (at the time of course commencement-they only need to have had their first vaccine). At the commencement of your course and throughout you will receive:
- A friendly qualified instructor with a passion for allowing puppies to flourish
- A comprehensive Puppy Guide (25 pages) that gives you advice on all the essentials of puppy training and surviving puppyhood
- Positive reinforcement/reward based puppy training
- Smaller class sizes – No more than 5 puppies per class
- Individualised approach and attention
- Fun, sociable and informative lessons
- 6 x 45 minute sessions weekly
- Families, including well-behaved children 10 years and over are welcome
During your puppies first 6 months, they will grow at an astonishing rate, not just physically but mentally too. In fact, between the ages of 4 weeks and 14 weeks your puppy will enter what’s known as their rapid learning stage. This stage will set the behaviour patterns in place for their adult years and cement the way they learn through their formative years.
Your six weeks of puppy preschool provides all the essential training your puppy will require. We be covering the following in your lessons:
- Stop problematic biting and chewing
- Leave forbidden items alone
- Build confidence and resilience
- Different behavioural problems are addressed
- Achieve polite behaviour around other dogs and with people
- Fun, force free, safe and friendly environment
- Plus advice is freely given on toilet training, destructive behaviour, separation issues and anything else you may need support in.
What To Bring to Puppy Preschool
We are located in the Station Road Creative Precinct and the address is:
281 Station Road
You will find us opposite the road from World Gym, which is on the same street as Yeerongpilly Train Station.
Parking is available on-site or on the street.
Here’s what you need to know, and what to bring to each class: –
- Fully enclosed shoes
- A standard Collar and leash (ideally min 2-meters long)
- A large snap lock bag full of your dog’s favourite treats cut into very small pieces
- A mat for your dog
For dog treats, we recommend you use chicken, turkey, ham, devon or cheese cut into really small pieces. No “Smackos”, liver treats or dried biscuits.
Why? Well, rewarding your dog for doing something really awesome with “Smackos”, liver treats or dried biscuits would be like rewarding a child with broccoli for learning the alphabet. These snacks are boring! and not very motivating for your dog.
DO NOT BRING YOUR DOG TO THE FIRST CLASS!
You MUST provide a current vaccination certificate or titer test certificate.
If it’s easier for you, you can email or text me a photo of the proof of vaccination before the first class.
At FUR GET ME NOT we only use positive reinforcement training techniques. We are not into harming our dogs, trying to dominate them or treating them badly.
DO NOT bring or use retractable leads, ropes or chains. We also do not allow or condone the use of check, choke, prong, electric, citronella or sporn harnesses and collars for your dogs. You will be asked to leave the course if you bring these.
Here is some other important information you need to know: –
- If you are late, even by a few minutes, you will not be permitted to enter the class so, please arrive at least 10 minutes before your class is due to commence.
- Everyone attending our classes, including children and all family members – Must wear enclosed, non-slip shoes at all times.
- Children under the age of 10 years are not permitted in classes.
- All dogs MUST be on a leash at all times and controlled by an adult
Your dog must remain on leash with a well-fitted collar or harness at all times unless instructed otherwise by your trainer.
Mosquitos and other bugs can sometimes be an issue, we will have repellent for personal use however you are welcome to bring your own.
No dogs are to greet or play with other dogs at any time unless directed by your trainer, please make sure you allow plenty of distance between you and the other participants.
If your dog is very excitable and or nervous, please remain in your car with your dog and text 0402 767 821 with your name and number plate and one of our friendly staff members will come and collect you and your dog when class is about to begin.
If your dog reaches 6 months of age and is not desexed there may be limitations during your dog’s socialisations sessions. If your dog is “in season” or unwell they will not be permitted on the training grounds or take part in classes.
Please be kind to other participants and clean up after your dog whilst on the premises and in classes.
Classes may be delayed at times due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. You will receive a text message with as much notice as possible if a class needs to be cancelled or rescheduled.