We are located in the Station Road Creative Precinct and the address is:
241 Station Road
We are directly opposite the road from World Gym which is on the same street as Yeerongpilly Train Station.
Parking is available onsite or on the street.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUR DOG TO THE FIRST CLASS.
But you MUST provide a current vaccination certificate or titer test certificate.
If it’s easier for you, you can email me or text me a photo of the proof of vaccination before the first class.
AFTER THE FIRST CLASS, here’s what you need to know, or what bring, to the rest of the classes: –
- your dog!
- fully enclosed shoes
- a standard leash and collar
- a 2-metre leash
- a large snap lock bag full of your dog’s favourite treats cut into very small pieces
- a mat for your dog
For the treats, we recommend you use chicken, turkey, ham, devon or cheese cut into really small pieces. No “Smackos”, liver treats or dried biscuits. Why? Well, rewarding your dog for doing something really awesome with “Smackos”, liver treats or dried biscuits would be like rewarding a child with broccoli for learning the alphabet. These snacks are boring! And not very motivating.
At FUR GET ME NOT we use positive reinforcement training techniques. We are not into harming our dogs, trying to dominate them or treating them badly.
Do not bring or use retractable leads, ropes or chains. We also do not allow or condone the use of check, choke, prong, electric, citronella or sporn harnesses and collars. You will be asked to leave the course if you bring these.
Here is some other important information you need to know: –
- If you are late, even a few minutes late, we will not be able to let you into the class so please arrive at least 10 minutes before class is due to start
- Everyone attending our classes – even family members – must wear enclosed, non-slip shoes at all times
- Children under the age of 10 are not permitted in class
- All dogs MUST be on a leash at all times and controlled by an adult
- Your dog must remain on leash with a well fitted collar or harness at all times unless directed by a trainer
- Mosquitos and other bugs can be an issue, we will have spray you can use but you may also want to come prepared with your own
- No dogs are to greet other dogs at any time unless directed by a trainer, please make sure you allow plenty of distance between you and the other participants
- If your dog is very excitable and or nervous, please remain in your car with your dog and text 0402 767 821 with your name and number plate and a staff member will come and get you when class is about to begin
- If your dog reaches 6 months of age and is not desexed there may be limitations during socialisations sessions. If your dog is “in season” or unwell they are not permitted on the training grounds
- You must clean up after your dog whilst on the grounds
- Classes may be delayed at times due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. You will receive a text message with as much notice as possible.